Is building a new home the right choice for me?
One of the first things to consider is whether to buy an existing home or build a new one.
Location may be your main priority, and of course affordability plays a big part, but you should also consider the benefits of a new home over existing:
- New homes will meet newer, more rigid, building and compliance standards, e.g. new homes will be double glazed and better insulated.
- Better quality materials.
- You get what you want, a home designed for your family and lifestyle.
- Less ongoing maintenance.
- No messy renovations.
- And generally speaking a new home gives you better performance and more chance of equity.
- When it comes time to sell – will it be easier to resell a newly built home?